Project Manager Position
Reliance Architecture is seeking a project manager with experience in K-12 education, higher ed, public, commercial and/or religious projects. As a project manager with a small firm, you will need to be familiar with all aspects of Architecture, including programming, design, management, coordinating consultants, meeting with clients, document production, construction phase services. Organization, time management and self-motivation are a must.
The position will begin with assisting Architects on projects and managing small projects before moving into full project management once settled in. This may include meeting with clients, programming, design, documentation, project organization, coordinating and communicating with engineers and other consultants, production (Construction Documents), regulatory compliance and review, permitting, answering bidder questions, construction observation, submittal review, communicating with contractors. We are seeking someone who is capable of working collaboratively and independently, as the need requires. Projects are within a maximum of three hour radius of Austin and will require travel to clients and job sites.
Minimum Experience / Requirements:
- 5 to 10 years in an Architecture office.
- 1 project completed as a Project Manager.
- Participation in minimum of 2 projects that are: K-12, higher ed, public, heavy commercial or religious.
- Licensed, or on path to become licensed Texas.
- Demonstrated ability to produce a set of construction documents.
- BIM Proficiency (ArchiCAD preferred)
- Other software experience is preferred: BlueBeam, Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, MS Office.
About our firm:
Reliance Architecture is a growing firm. We provide a highly personalized, full spectrum of service to our clients, from master planning, bond planning and community engagement to standard Architectural services. We believe in working hard while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Competitive benefits and salary package:
- Base Salary (approx. $55,000 to $88,000) + Profit Sharing + Benefits Package
- Profit Sharing: Actual 1% to 2% of profits
- Benefits Package:
- Full “Gold” level health insurance coverage.
- Dental & Vision insurance coverage.
- Life / AD&D Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- Paternity Leave & Child Care Reimbursement
- Continued Education Allowance
- Licensing & Accreditation: The company will assist in gaining required experience hours, cover the cost of study materials, cover the cost of the first of each licensing or accreditation exam, and provide a paid day off for exams.
- License & AIA Membership fees
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan with matching funds
- Flexible / Open Paid Time Off
- Minimum 8 days holiday and 4 half days throughout the year.
- Opportunity for professional advancement
Upload your PDF cover letter, resume, project experience and work samples below.
Our goal is to build the strongest team we can to serve our clientele with unmatched personal care and attention. If you have a passion for architecture as a service, we invite you to introduce yourself to Reliance. We offer top-of-the-line benefits including low deductible health insurance, eye and dental insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, true profit-sharing, matched Simple IRA retirement fund, flexible personal days, paid paternity leave, childcare reimbursement, and licensing and professional certification support and reimbursement.
Every member of the firm is a face and voice of Reliance, recognized not only by the staff within the company, but clients, professionals, and reps. Reliance does its best to establish a level and equal ground for communication between employees. Each is encouraged to strive for their best in their own work but be open to receiving as well as giving assistance. Reliance wants its employees to practice architecture in a way that encourages diligence but discourages burnout. Other companies might boast studio culture, process, or awards but unique to Reliance is their awareness of how services and design impact the user. Balance, adaptability, and follow-through are molded into studio and field workflow yielding professional development of a holistic design approach by team members.
“When bringing me in to train and acclimate to the company, I remember the wording they used while showing me around, it was ‘this is what we are doing, not this is what you are doing,’ which really resonated with me.”
“Having worked at a much larger firm previously, Reliance does a lot more to show that it values its employees and treats each as its own investment into the company’s future.”
“A moment that bore significance to me after starting with Reliance was when I was made aware that I was going to be an acknowledgeable and go to face for consultants and clients alike. I would be entrusted with the responsibility to publicly represent the company.”
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE RELIANCE TEAM?